Ask our employees, and they'll tell you that working at Upstate Roofing & Painting feels like belonging to a family. Naturally, we want to keep all our "family members" safe and healthy when they're out there on the job and we go the extra mile to make sure that happens.
Moreover, our safety helps ensure your safety. In some situations, customers can be found to share liability for an injury a contractor sustains while working on their building. While Upstate Roofing & Painting carries a level of insurance that virtually guarantees this can't happen, one thing is still certain: the higher a contractor's safety standards, the better for all concerned.
Good safety practices also help ensure uninterrupted work on your project.
Safety Training and Certifications
- Upstate Roofing & Painting is a Drug-Free Workplace employer
- We have a written safety policy that meticulously outlines the safety procedures our employees are required to follow
- Our designated Safety Director, who brings a lifetime of experience as a Safety Specialist, handles all safety training, record-keeping, and employee safety compliance
- We've achieved an outstanding industry safety rating: an Experience Modification Ratio (EMR) as low as .76 while the industry average is 1.0
- Upstate Roofing & Painting has received the Association of Builders and Contractors Safety Training Award every year since 1994
- American Heart Association CPR Certification (mandatory for all foremen & assistant foremen)
- American Heart Association First Aid Certification (mandatory for all foremen & assistant foremen)
- New Employee Safety Certification
- Hazard Communications Training
- Company Safety Meetings
- Annual Company Safety Orientation
- EPA Accredited Asbestos Certification
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Certification
- Weekly Toolbox Talks
- Crane Certification
- Forklift Certification